____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Home Home Home

Tuesday 6 August 2013

MISSING: Broadband connection

I'm currently sat in the middle of an internet café receiving glares from a man who clearly wants to use the charge point.

The new house I've moved to still doesn't have an internet connection. I feel like I've been plunged into the dark ages! As such, I'm seriously behind on my emails. Incoming: 86 of 134, the most horrific sight I've ever seen.

However, this has all been a blessing in disguise. The experience of life without the internet has actually been really refreshing. No longer do I lay awake aimlessly scrolling through Tumblr. Instead I've been working my socks off on InDesign. Allié's first issue is coming! As we speak I'm putting together a powerpoint to deliver at Media City for our contributors. I'm not fond of public speaking so I've been watching TEDx videos and trying to replicate each speaker's stage presence.

As I come into my final year of university, a feeling of impending doom lingers. It's a battle not letting my anxieties seep into my work. To combat all worries I've been taking on as much work as possible and keeping my mind occupied. I'm submitting to a couple of new zines and building pitches for other mags. Let's just hope I'll have a few more sections to add to my portfolio page by the end of the month!

No comments:

Post a Comment