____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Home Home Home

Sunday 11 May 2014

I have 52 days to find employment


52 days and counting. I have officially finished my degree in journalism, but I've actually been looking for a permanent role since February. I'm no job snob either; I've taken every opportunity that's come my way. In the past few weeks I've been lucky enough to have some good interviews and I've set myself up with quite a few agencies. Despite this, I can't help but worry about what will come next.

TMI: In 52 days my contract with my landlord ends. Until I find employment, I cannot find a new place to live due to financial risk and ensuring I have the correct transport links close by. If I don't find a job by the time my contract ends I will have to do the unthinkable... I'll have to move back to Blackpool. The land of binge drinkers and bleak job prospects. God forbid!

This is not a cry for help.

This is somewhat of a personal statement. I fought hard through education ever since I left high school. Finding a job is only going to be the same. According to About.com, it takes graduates around six months to find a job, so I'm not the only one facing this hardship by any means. Being in Manchester however, means that I have access to a lot more opportunities and I need to make the most of my current situation. (Having said that I'm applying for jobs all over the north west.)

So here's my mission:
Find a job. Find a job in the next 52 days.
Considering I've been applying since February, I'm in a better position and the ball is rolling. However, time is ticking and 'the real world' (as my non-student relatives like to call it) is waiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment