____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Home Home Home

Friday 8 March 2013

From women's mags to wellies


For the past 2 weeks I've been working as the Cosmo On Campus campaign manager for Salford University. My job was to create a buzz around campus about the latest issue and hand out free copies.

I had 30 bundles stacked up in my living room! It was rather daunting but the pile certainly went down fast. Getting out there and visiting each building on campus was a surprisingly enjoyable task. I was surprised at how many people stopped to chat instead of just walking off with their free mag. This was a great experience as not only did I soak up a lot of market information, I also got to grips with the more official side by contacting student accommodations and officials to get permission to distribute and spread the word.

The following week, after I had finished the Cosmo campaign, a contact of mine offered me a new work placement opportunity! It's in the very early stages at the moment so I can't say too much about what I'll be getting up to, but I'll be working with The Wildlife Trust. The placement will give me an insight into PR and help me add to my growing writing portfolio.

I appreciate any opportunities that come my way and I'm determined to perform to the best of my ability. I'll be blogging updates, but for more up to date info you can always check out my social networking accounts.

No comments:

Post a Comment