____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Home Home Home

Tuesday 17 September 2013

Paper and perfume

I mentioned a few posts ago that I have started my new Christmas job at Lush. The training has been absolutely fantastic and I've genuinely enjoyed every moment of it. I originally knew a lot of their products, but now I understand them on a whole other level. We've learnt the science of hair care and skin care, how to work with different skin types, dying with henna; I feel like I should have a Lush degree!

I'm most looking forward to getting out on the shop floor. I think the more face to face interaction I have, the more I am going to grow and change. I've had shop jobs here and there, but I've been waiting for an opportunity like this to really explore sales and social interaction. I am also greatly looking forward to Christmas. Our new range looks incredible and I can't wait to show you all! Pop into Lush Arndale for a consultation with me! 

Yesterday I also attended a meeting for the new student newspaper. It's our first year making the jump to online so things have been hectic. Having said that, I am greatly disappointed with the organisation of our recruitment drive and although I take my features editor role seriously, I am feeling exasperated by the whole situation. For now, I'm operating in my own bubble. I want to make content that students will love reading and those that don't will still talk about. I don't want the paper to be ignored in the same way that it has been in the past. We have great writers involved already, it's just a shame they may not be able to show and nurture their talent in a structured way. 

I will do what I can but at the end of the day it's a team effort!

No comments:

Post a Comment