____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Home Home Home

Wednesday 1 January 2014

Sharing the pain of retail jobs on Buzzfeed

Buzzfeed is quite possibly my favourite discovery of 2013. It's a place where all aspects of the internet spectrum have a place. Want to keep up to date on Russia's anti-gay policies, then calm yourself down with pictures of cute dogs? Well then, you've stumbled across the right place.

Buzzfeed seem to have cracked the code in terms of going viral. They post a variety of engaging content that you just can't help but share.

When I started writing this blog post I had just posted my first 'gif' post in the hope of getting noticed. Within two hours I received an email to update me on my progress. I expected maybe a hundred hits tops, but this happened:

"Your post, 'The Emotional Struggles Of Shop Assistants During The January Sales', was added to the Community front-page! That means our Community editor thought it was awesome. Amazing work!"
What a fantastic way to start 2014! I even set a cheeky tweet to the editor Luke Lewis in the hope that the UK office would notice.

I probably chose the wrong time to post my idea to Buzzfeed as many of my friends were out ringing in the new year, as such promoting the page was an issue. This morning I've been trying to plug it in any way possible, so you might notice it floating around the internet this morning!

I have a notebook full of ideas to crack on with for 2014 and I just can't wait to dive in!

P.S There's Mr.Bean and Mr.Blobby gifs, what more could you want?

No comments:

Post a Comment